✓ OneStream recommends preparing for exams based on a combination of formal training, OneStream Press books, commonly referenced product documentation, and real-world experience.
Learn more about OneStream Training options.
TIP: Attendance in the recommended training does NOT guarantee candidates will successfully pass a OneStream certification exam. The best way to prepare for an exam is by having practical, hands-on, real-world experience.
Stay tuned in the future for additional OneStream resources, including:
- Customized learning paths
- OneStream Press books
- ONE Community for collaboration
- Exam preparation webinars
✓ Each exam will have a Study Guide that outlines a unique set of knowledge, skills, and abilities aligned to domains (aka., sections), exam objectives, and recommended study. The knowledge or skills required to pass the exam were defined through a job task analysis conducted with subject matter experts, and validated through a blueprint survey, which ultimately determined the weighting of each domain and exam objective. Study Guides will outline the recommended courses and product documentation, as well as the sections with percentage of questions in each domain.
Get started by downloading the Lead Architect Exam Study Guide.
✓ Exam prices are listed on each Study Guide, in USD. Prices are valid for one exam attempt. A second or subsequent exam attempt will cost $300.
|Exam Type:||Price in USD:|
Ready to Schedule your Exam?
Click here for a step-by-step guide that shows you how to create a CertMetrics Account and Register for your Exam.
✓ You can pay for OneStream exams with valid exam vouchers, valid promotional codes, and credit cards.
✓ The first time you register for a OneStream exam, you will need to:
- Have a OneStream Okta account.
- Access CertMetrics and confirm your demographic details.
- Schedule and pay for an exam.
- Verify your computer meets system requirements.
TIP: Make sure you have reviewed the OneStream Certification Program Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement in advance. On the day of the exam, you will be asked by the proctor to pan the room with your webcam, close all running processes, and you must agree to the OneStream Certification Program Terms and NDA before you will be allowed to take the exam.
Reasonable accommodations are granted for candidates with documented disabilities, in coordination with our test delivery provider. Special accommodations will be arranged individually and in advance with the test delivery provider. Accommodations must be requested prior to scheduling each exam.
Contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation.
If you need technical support during your exam, alert your proctor so they can pause your exam and stop the exam clock. Time elapsed for technical support will not be counted as exam time.
Rescheduling or Canceling an Exam
To reschedule or cancel an exam, complete the following steps:
- Login to your OneStream OKTA account.
- Access your CertMetrics account and select Schedule/Change Exam.
Cancelation, Rescheduling, and No-Show Policy
CANCELLATION: Exam cancellations made up to 24 hours before a scheduled exam are allowed and processed without a fee/penalty. Refunds for cancellations will be credited to the original form of payment. If a voucher was applied, the voucher will be reactivated. No cancellations allowed within 24 hours of a scheduled exam.
RESCHEDULING: Exam reschedules made up to 24 hours before a scheduled exam are allowed and processed without a penalty. No reschedules allowed within 24 hours of a scheduled exam.
NO-SHOW: There will be no refunds for candidates who do not appear for an exam. Candidates forfeit the exam fee and will pay another exam fee for any future registration. Similarly, candidates who attempt to cancel or reschedule within 24 hours of a scheduled exam will forfeit the exam fee and will need to pay another exam fee for any future registration.
✓ Exams will be online and remotely proctored through video. And, Examity will record the entire testing session for archiving purposes.
✓ Exams consist of a hybrid of traditional multiple-choice questions and hands-on, performance-based job tasks.
✓ The hybrid approach is designed to validate technical knowledge, skills and abilities aligned to how you actually do your job.
This world-class exam approach gives you a chance to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and abilities by taking the OneStream certification exams in a live, cloud-based lab environment. In addition to the multiple-choice items, you will be presented with a series of instructions to perform tasks that align with OneStream’s implementation lifecycle. Each job task will present a “real-world” situation, allowing you to demonstrate your abilities.
✓ Exams will be timed in considering the amount of time it would take to answer multiple-choice items and complete performance-based tasks for a live implementation project.
✓ Exams will have delayed scoring, ensuring that OneStream performs industry standard statistical analyses on all exams to ensure compliance. Once you complete an exam, you will find out if you passed or failed within 2-3 business days. Access your CertMetrics account through OKTA to review your certification status.
✓ Before you take an exam, you need to have the required equipment and you need to organize your test-taking environment so it complies with stated rules. The proctor will perform an authentication of your identity and verify your test-taking environment before you may start your exam.
Make sure you have the right tools with you on test day. The items listed below are required. See also Examity Technical Success Tips.
- Government-issued IDs. You will show these to the proctor via webcam during authentication.
- Computer or laptop.
- PC or Mac connected to a power source.
- You must be allowed to download software to this computer.
- You must have a strong internet connection. We recommend a wired internet connection with minimum 5 Mbps download speed & 3 Mbps upload speed.
- Perform an Examity system requirements check for remote proctoring.
- Perform a TrueAbility system requirements check for the virtual environment.
- It must be portable enough to scan the room. Your proctor will require a visual inspection of your workspace.
- Use of cell phones or tablets is NOT allowed.
- Dual monitors are NOT allowed.
- Use of headphones is NOT allowed.
Make sure you have prepared your testing environment so that you comply with all exam rules.
- You must be alone in the room throughout the test. If you take the exam at your place of work, please book a conference room or an equivalent private space. Do NOT take the exam in a cubicle or your exam may be interrupted by the proctor.
- Your webcam, speakers, and microphone must remain on throughout the test. The proctor must be able to hear, see, and speak to you for the duration of the test.
- You must have a clear desk and clear workspace. No scrap paper.
- You may not wear hoodies, sweatshirts, jackets, neckties, or hats.
- The proctor will conduct a room scan via webcam.
- You may not leave your seat unless allowed by the proctor.
- You may not speak to anyone during the exam, unless you are trying to contact the proctor.
- If you are having any issues, contact the proctor. If you can not reach the proctor, use the email or phone number on the Examity web page.
Starting the Exam
Plan to sign into Examity 15 minutes prior to your scheduled exam appointment. This will allow sufficient time for the proctor to complete the authentication process, as well as assist you with any technical issues.
- Login to CertMetrics account.
- Start the exam from the Examity dashboard.
- Connect with the proctor to initiate the identity authentication process. Examity has the most secure, multi-layered authentication process. It includes facial match, challenge questions and biometric typing match.
- The proctor will walk you through the authentication process. You will be asked to:
- Verify your identity.
- Make sure you have your photo ID with you.
- A photo ID must be an original (no photocopies or digital IDs), unexpired, government-issued ID that includes your first and last name; a recent, recognizable photograph; and a signature. Examples include a passport, driver’s license, or military ID.
- The first and last name on the valid ID that you present at your exam appointment must be identical to the first name (given name) and last name (surname) as entered into your OneStream OKTA account and displayed in your CertMetrics account at the time of registration.
- You will be required to hold the ID in front of your webcam.
- The proctor will need to see both your name and photo clearly.
TIP: Test administrators are instructed not to allow a candidate to test if the first and last names of the ID and their OneStream OKTA account are not identical. If the name on your OneStream OKTA account, also displayed within your CertMetrics account, does not match your valid form of identification, you must open a case with [email protected] Customer Service. Indicate that your name is incorrect on your OneStream OKTA account and provide the correct name. OneStream Certification Customer Service will process this request as soon as possible. Do not schedule an exam until your request has been processed. Cancel an existing examination appointment before requesting an account update, and then reschedule after the request is processed to avoid confusion at the testing appointment.
- Show your desk and workspace. The proctor will ask you to complete a 360˚ room pan and desk sweep using your webcam to ensure your workspace is clear of any unauthorized materials.
- Show your running processes. The proctor will ask you to show your Task Manager and any running Processes, ensuring all processes are stopped except for what’s required to take the exam.
- Verify your identity.
- After your identity is authenticated, the proctor will provide access to your exam.
- Review the exam instructions presented on your screen, then click Start Exam when you are ready.
- By clicking Start Exam, you agree to be bound by the OneStream Certification Program Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Once you have agreed to the OneStream Certification Program Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement, the actual exam will start. Good luck!
Scheduled breaks are not configured for OneStream certification exams. For online exams, you are not permitted to stand up from or leave the view of the camera for any reason, other than a restroom break, for the duration of the exam. If a restroom break is required, contact the proctor directly. If the proctor does not respond to a verbal request, initiate a request through the chat function in the Examity environment.
While taking an exam, you can expect your behavior to be monitored throughout the test-taking period by a OneStream test delivery provider (e.g., Examity proctors). You must complete your own exams without assistance. However, if there is a malfunction with a test computer, report the issue immediately to a test administrator or proctor, and request that they log an incident. Do not ask test delivery providers / proctors questions about exam content or scores, as they will be unable to assist in these matters.
During testing, there will be a built-in timer on the computer screen that will show how much of your testing session remains. Be sure to plan wisely so that all questions can be answered in the allotted time.